Ten students from near Kagoshima, Japan arrived recently for an Intensive English Program to help them prepare for 10 months in an American high school as part of CHI’s Academic Year Program.
Olympia, Washington host families anxiously awaited their students arrival as the bus made its way from the airport through Friday night traffic. Everyone arrived safe and sound with luggage intact and bright, shiny faces; ready to take on America, English, our culture and dive into their Academic Year Program!
Welcome to Washington Japanese Students!
Are you ready to become a host family?
HOW TO HOST
The heart of this program is all about building a unique, life-long relationship with a student from another country and culture. Welcome the world into your home and become a host family today!
BECOMING A HOST FAMILY IS EASY!
- Contact us through this website or through your Local Coordinator
- Fill out the online application
- Complete the vetting process
- Wait to be matched with a student
- Get excited!
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Receive orientations and materials to help you prepare for this exciting experience before your student arrives.
- Provide three meals a day and a welcoming home to your student for 5 to 10 months.
- Meet on a regular basis with your coordinator who will provide you with the support and knowledge to make this experience the best it can be!