Faye Mayo is a very special 18-year-old. She is half-French and half-American and is currently working as an Au Pair Abroad in Lima, Peru through CHI. She will be taking care of these cute kids while studying Spanish for 10-months!
Au Pair in Peru
We do our best to ensure that you are matched with the right host family. CHI is a proud member of IAPA, the International Au Pair Association. All of our host families have been carefully screened to ensure your safety and to make sure your cultural exchange experience is a success. You will be asked to Skype with your prospective host family before your placement is confirmed so you can get to know one another better.
The number one reason our families want to host is to expose their children to a foreign language. You will be expected to speak your native language when you are taking care of the host children. You are not required to know another language. Your hosts are excited to learn more about you and your culture just as much as they are to share theirs with you. Our host families understand that this is a cultural exchange program and want to fully integrate you into their everyday family life.
- Provide childcare for your host family for 25-30 hours per week
- Room and board are provided by your hosts
- Receive one to two days off per week*
- Receive an allowance for your services**
* Your schedule is based on the family’s needs and will differ with each placement. A usual day will be 5 to 6 hours of work. The week will most likely be 6 days of work with 1 day off or 5 days of work with 2 days off, depending on the hours worked each day. Some evening shifts may be requested of you.
**The amount of pocket money earned varies in each country.
Learn More: http://chinet.org/au-pair-abroad/