THE SHORT TERM ENRICHMENT PROGRAM
CHI’s Short Term Enrichment Program (STEP) is a cultural immersion and volunteer program that has been expanding all over the world. STEP is a great way for international participants, local communities and host families to have a cross-cultural exchange experience.
Our participants spend 1-3 months living and learning about American life. By living with a host family, they get to experience a typical American household. During the day, participants volunteer at local non-profit organizations where they will experience the American spirit of donating time and helping a community.
The opportunities for STEP are endless. And with our large team of Community and Local Coordinators spread all over the country, ready to handle any problem, STEP is a safe and secure program for all young people who are excited to see the world.
- Participants get to practice their English skills
- Participants learn new business methods and structures
- Participants have the opportunity to travel in their free time
- Host organizations will broaden their employees understanding of the world and other cultures
- Having foreign participants will enrich the workplace for local communities
- Host families will learn new cultural skills like cooking or folk songs
- Host families will explore their own neighborhood and local community with their participant
- Everyone gets to broaden their understanding of what it means to be an American