Work and Travel USA for International Exchange Students
GET READY FOR THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME
Work and Travel USA Highlights
What CHI Offers
Work and Travel USA Program Options
There are two program options: Job Assisted and Self Placed
Work and Travel Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Cultural events can be:
- A day trip to a nearby big city
- Going to a local sporting event
- Visiting a museum
- A barbecue with friends
- A trip to the beach
- Participate in an international potluck
- Each participant is required to fill out a monthly report located within their profile in SEVIS.
- The monthly report is a way for CHI to stay informed about any changes in student housing or employment, as well as to keep track of the cultural activities participants enjoy.
- Login to your SEVIS account and click on the “Monthly Report” section.
- If you have trouble accessing the monthly report form online, call CHI directly for assistance.
- SEVIS: Login in to wt.chinet.org, go to “Cultural Guides” and choose your state. A number of resources are available to help you find cultural events in your area.
- CHI “Get Out There” Facebook Group: Active participants are able to join CHI’s private Facebook group. This lively group allows participants across the U.S. to communicate about cultural events and share information.
- Newsletters: CHI will send you weekly newsletters throughout your program with news, cultural information and program updates. We will also share contest opportunities and ways to get involved. Keep an eye out for them!
- Email: Participants are always encouraged to contact CHI directly for help in finding cultural events in their area. Just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in touch. Check your e-mail often as CHI will be contacting you throughout your program with more information.