Work and Travel USA for International Exchange Students
GET READY FOR THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME
CHI Work & Travel Gives You a Head Start! Get real world job skills in the U.S. during your school break, discover life in America, and make new friends with CHI Work & Travel.
Our flexible program dates work around your school schedule. Spend your winter, spring, or summer working at a popular U.S. resort, amusement park, sporting arena, or restaurant, and in your free time immerse yourself in American culture. Tour museums, sightsee, visit with American friends or just relax on the beach. The possibilities are endless. You’ve always wanted the experience of a lifetime – now’s your chance. #GetOutThere!
Work and Travel USA Highlights
What CHI Offers
Every year CHI brings thousands of university students from around the world to the United States as participants in our prestigious Work & Travel program. CHI provides:
Work and Travel USA Program Options
There are two program options: Job Assisted and Self Placed
CHI arranges your job, works with your employer and takes care of all paperwork and arrangements on your behalf.
You communicate directly with potential employers and arrange your own job in the U.S. Once your job is secured you submit the written job offer with your full application to CHI for approval.
Work and Travel Requirements
This is a popular and prestigious program, and we value the maturity and professionalism of our participants. In order to be selected, you must submit a completed application through a CHI partner agency in your home country, as well as be:
Are you ready to apply?
Frequently Asked Questions
The Work and Travel program was designed to offer international students an opportunity to explore U.S. culture while gaining valuable work experience. Cultural enrichment for each participant is a mandatory part of the program and one that CHI takes seriously. By the end of this short program participants will not only have work experience but they will have had a chance to truly experience all that the U.S. has to offer.
Cultural events can be:
- A day trip to a nearby big city
- Going to a local sporting event
- Visiting a museum
- A barbecue with friends
- A trip to the beach
- Participate in an international potluck
- Each participant is required to fill out a monthly report located within their profile in SEVIS.
- The monthly report is a way for CHI to stay informed about any changes in student housing or employment, as well as to keep track of the cultural activities participants enjoy.
- Login to your SEVIS account and click on the “Monthly Report” section.
- If you have trouble accessing the monthly report form online, call CHI directly for assistance.
- SEVIS: Login in to wt.chinet.org, go to “Cultural Guides” and choose your state. A number of resources are available to help you find cultural events in your area.
- CHI “Get Out There” Facebook Group: Active participants are able to join CHI’s private Facebook group. This lively group allows participants across the U.S. to communicate about cultural events and share information.
- Newsletters: CHI will send you weekly newsletters throughout your program with news, cultural information and program updates. We will also share contest opportunities and ways to get involved. Keep an eye out for them!
- Email: Participants are always encouraged to contact CHI directly for help in finding cultural events in their area. Just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in touch. Check your e-mail often as CHI will be contacting you throughout your program with more information.
Are you a Work & Travel participant trying to access your program details?
find a chi partner in your home country
Follow the steps below to find a CHI partner agency close to you!
1. Select a continent
2. Select your country
CHI partner agencies in your country
ARGENTINA CULTURAL EXCHANGE
INTERLATINA CULTURAL EXCHANGE SRL
UNIVERSAL STUDENT EXCHANGE ARGENTINA S.A.C.
Ciudad Autonoma De Buenos Aires
ALEXANDRIA VIAJES – TLV.SA.
GRUPOLIVE CULTURAL XCHANGE
Mar Del Plata
WORK AND FUN
EDUCULTURA EXCHANGE SERVICES SRL
TRAVELMATE INTERCÂMBIO E TURISMO
Rio De Janeiro
INTERLATINA BRAZIL (CP4 CURSOS NO EXTERIOR| TRAVELLER)
Rio De Janeiro
WORK AND TRIP EXCHANGE INTERNATIONAL
IE AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO LTDA
SMALLER EARTH CHILE SPA
Comuna De Providencia
XPA TRAVEL & EXCHANGE
FLIPP CITIZENS OF THE WORLD SAS
CAMP LEADERS COLOMBIA
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL EXCHANGE
OVLEX S.A. - OVERSEAS LIFE EXPERIENCE
EXPLORE YOUR WORLD
SWAT PRODUCTIONS LTD
CAMP LEADERS MEXICO
INTERNATIONAL PERUVIAN EXCHANGE PROGRAM
AU PAIR KIDS
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE
MAYICRIS TRAVEL & ADVENTURE
GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES SAC, DBA: ESA PERU
CHINA SERVICE CENTER FOR EDUCATIONAL EXCHANGE
BEIJING ORIENTAL HORIZON INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION
WESTERNEXCHANGE INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION L.L.C.
GO ABROAD USA CULTURAL NETWORK
USE STUDY GROUP LTD
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
COSMOPOLITAN WORLD WIDE EXPERIENCE
INNER OUTER TRAVEL, INC. DBA ZIP TRAVEL PHILIPPINES
FIRST PLACE INC.
UNITED TOWERS PHILIPPINES EDUCATIONAL EXCHANGE CONSULTANCY FIRM
ACADEMIC EXCHANGE CO.
I HAPPY EDUCATION
IEO STUDY ABROAD COMPANY LIMITED
WORK AND TRAVEL ABROAD - WATA LTD
AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL MOBILITY LTD. - AIM WORK & TRAVEL
INTEGRAL WORK AND TRAVEL BULGARIA LTD
IBC STUDENT EXCHANGE
INTEGRAL EDUKACIJSKI PROGRAMI D.O.O.
CAMP LEADERS CZECH REPUBLIC
CAMP LEADERS HUNGARY
USA SUMMER JOBS
INTERNATIONAL STUDY VACATION
AMERIKVEST DOO DBA AMERIQUEST
KOUZON I KO. DOOEL DBA KOUZON CORPORATION
PEOPLE TRAVEL DBA STUDENT ADVENTURE
NVO MLADI PUTNIK
CAMP LEADERS POLAND
ONE GLOBE TRAVEL
AMERICAN CHALLENGE SRL
CENTER FOR AMERICAN EXCHANGE PROGRAMS
GO! ENGLISH (CSI TRAVEL)
CENTER OF PROFESSIONAL ORIENTATION PROFY
WYSE TRAVEL TRADING AS STAR TRAVEL AND STAR ACADEMY IN RUSSIA, UKRAINE AND GEORGIA
GLOBAL TRAVEL GROUP
SPECIAL TRAVEL AGENCY - WORK AND TRAVEL GROUP
CAMP LEADERS SLOVAKIA
INTEGRALEDU, IZOBRAžEVALNI PROGRAMI D.O.O.
IDEAL STUDY ABROAD SERVICES
STUDENT ADVENTURE LLC
YOUTH EXCHANGES CENTER DBA BULATGROUP
GLOBAL RECRUITMENT OPERATIONS WORLDWIDE USA