CHI Work & Travel Gives You a Head Start!
Our flexible program dates work around your school schedule. Spend your winter, spring, or summer working at a popular U.S. resort, amusement park, sporting arena, or restaurant, and in your free time immerse yourself in American culture. Tour museums, sightsee, visit with American friends or just relax on the beach. The possibilities are endless. You’ve always wanted the experience of a lifetime – now’s your chance. #GetOutThere!
Get real world job skills in the U.S. during your school break, discover life in America, and make new friends with CHI Work & Travel.
Are you a Work & Travel participant trying to access your program details?
What CHI Offers
Every year CHI brings thousands of university students from around the world to the United States as participants in our prestigious Work & Travel program. CHI provides:
CHI serves as your program sponsor
We issue your Form DS 2019, to help you apply for your J-1 visa
If desired, we arrange employment
Our professional staff support you every step of the way
There are two program options: Job Assistance and Self Placement
CHI arranges your job, works with your employer and takes care of all paperwork and arrangements on your behalf.
You communicate directly with potential employers and arrange your own job in the U.S. Once your job is secured you would submit the written job offer with your full application to CHI for approval.
|Work & Travel |
on Your Own
|Plan hiring ahead of time, long before your busy season begins|
|Participants can work a full season and won’t have to leave before your busy season ends|
|CHI prescreens and interviews employees for you|
|Local staff provided to help when needs arise|
|Add cultural diversity to your business|
This is a popular and prestigious program, and we value the maturity and professionalism of our participants. In order to be selected, you must submit a completed application through a CHI partner agency in your home country, as well as be:
The Work and Travel program was designed to offer international students an opportunity to explore U.S. culture while gaining valuable work experience. Cultural enrichment for each participant is a mandatory part of the program and one that CHI takes seriously. By the end of this short program participants will not only have work experience but they will have had a chance to truly experience all that the U.S. has to offer.
Cultural events can be:
- A day trip to a nearby big city
- Going to a local sporting event
- Visiting a museum
- A barbecue with friends
- A trip to the beach
- Participate in an international potluck
- Each participant is required to fill out a monthly report located within their profile in SEVIS.
- The monthly report is a way for CHI to stay informed about any changes in student housing or employment, as well as to keep track of the cultural activities participants enjoy.
- Login to your SEVIS account and click on the “Monthly Report” section.
- If you have trouble accessing the monthly report form online, call CHI directly for assistance.
- SEVIS: Login in to wt.chinet.org, go to “Cultural Guides” and choose your state. A number of resources are available to help you find cultural events in your area.
- CHI “Get Out There” Facebook Group: Active participants are able to join CHI’s private Facebook group. This lively group allows participants across the U.S. to communicate about cultural events and share information.
- Newsletters: CHI will send you weekly newsletters throughout your program with news, cultural information and program updates. We will also share contest opportunities and ways to get involved. Keep an eye out for them!
- Email: Participants are always encouraged to contact CHI directly for help in finding cultural events in their area. Just e-mail email@example.com and someone will be in touch. Check your e-mail often as CHI will be contacting you throughout your program with more information.
Are you ready to apply for CHI’s Work & Travel program? Contact a CHI partner in your home country to get started.
We are here to help!
If CHI does not have a partner in your country, contact us directly and we will try to help you.